Be prepared to be irritated at the beginning of the film. Disregard the urge to change the channel. It is well worth the wait to get into the heart of the story. Be patient. Bear with the supposed protagonist. He really is a “jerk.” It is obvious from moment one, so no spoiler here.
It is a film with thought provoking consequences. It rattles the conscience. The thoughts that went through my mind were really dramatic. I won’t voice them but you may have the same in your own head while you watch this exercise in keeping your composure under the most difficult of situations.
Here, I give you the “Cork’s Cattlebaron”
“A young protégé and his boss sit down for the most epic steak dinner of their lives in Omaha, Nebraska”
Written and Directed by: Eric Steele
?Produced by: Adam Donaghey?
Starring: Robert Longstreet, Frank Mosley, Alicia Anthony
Director of Photography: Bret Curry?
Art Direction: Jason Reimer
Editor: David Lowery
Festivals & Awards:
* 2014 Vimeo Staff Pick
* 2014 Fandor.com “Spotlight on Texas” Pick
* Hammer to Nail Short Film Competition (Best Short Runner Up, 2012)
* Director’s Guild of America Texas Filmmaker’s Showcase
* Maryland Film Festival (World Premiere, Opening Night Shorts Gala)
* Hamptons International Film Festival
* Sidewalk Film Festival (Jury Award for acting: Robert Longstreet)
* Indie Memphis (Jury Award for acting: Robert Longstreet)
* Northside Film Festival (Best Short)
* ?Austin Film Festival
* Lone Star International Film Festival
* Borscht Film Festival
* Bushwick Film Festival
* Waterfront Film Festival
* Dallas VideoFest