(1) Jump up and down and scream into a pillow (the pillow part is Very important)
(2) Draw mustaches and horns on the faces of politicians (sometimes it’s hard to get them to hold still)
(3) Call your local tobacconist and ask if they have Prince Albert in a can (always popular)
(4) Knock on your neighbors’ doors and then run away (perhaps on a different floor?)
(5) Paint each of your finger and toenails a different color (which Might necessitate a trip to Dollar Tree)
(6) Watch cat and/or dog videos on your computer (a favorite of mine)
(7) Watch a favorite sad movie and cry (this also involves ice cream and lots of Kleenex)
(8) Watch a favorite funny movie and laugh (which involves Milk Duds and microwave popcorn)
(9) Do a computer search for the 10 most beautiful places and plan a trip to the most beautiful (can I go, too?)
(10) Make a list of the top 10 best things about your life and appreciate them (this is a Good one!)
And please, feel free to let me know what you do to cheer yourself up. I can always use new ideas!
About the Author: Melody J Haislip
Born in a small, Illinois log cabin. No, that won't work. The pampered only child of incredibly wealthy parents. No, that doesn't fly either. Raised by French nuns after her aristocratic parents were beheaded. No, that's been done! An East Coast transplant to the Pacific Northwest, this notoriously late bloomer began her new life with a new career as a writer and blogger. She has taken to both the new location and the career move like a duck to water. Writing for Expats Post is a new adventure, and our intrepid risk-taker is diving in, feeling right at home with so many old friends.
Reached for comment she replied, "Okay, I wrote my bio, may I Please go out and play?"
We expect great, or perhaps merely more coherent, things from this writer. (Okay, that's a wrap. What a wacko!)