Joined on: September 29th, 2012
Since September 2012, I have been chief writer and editor for the current affairs and arts blog After Nyne, and now After Nyne Magazine (to launch February 2014).
I became a Huffington Post blogger in November 2012.
I am the author of two published poetry books Gold After, and Brittle Fires for Tempest Press's Virgo Rising imprint.
From September 2012 to February 2013, I was Founding Director of Tempest Public Relations, working with a range of clients including Irish American writer Micheal O Coinn, whose debut poetry pamphlet, Five Words, was published by my publishing house Tempest Press, and Callie Carling, author of breast cancer memoir Callie's Story, also published by Tempest Press.
I also acted as the official UK PR consultant to the US based Free Sara Kruzan campaign's Day of Action in London in 2012.
Before this, I was founding director of artist's agency Liquid Gallery - parent company of the Liquid Art Fair Battersea, and Nyne Magazine.
Outside of work, I have a keen film historian, with a particular interest in films from the 1930s to the 1960s. I am a voracious and omnivorous reader, and enjoy cooking, and country pubs with my husband and dog, Willow.
Recent Posts by Claire Meadows
- Second Episode of After Nyne Show Now Live on iTunes
- 'All of My Novels Begin by Asking the Question, "What if?" - Meeting 'Golden State' Author Michelle Richmond
- Poet Colin Herd Makes A Dazzling Return With 'Glovebox and Other Poems'
- Reading to Become A Minority Activity….To The Surprise of the Rest of Us
- Thoughts on 'Tips From Women On Top'
- Slimming Supplement 'Scam' - How Would the Public Know the Difference?
- Campaigner Ruth Jacobs: ‘Part of the Solution to Ending Human Trafficking is Raising Awareness’
- From the Wilderness...To Wagner: A Musical Journey
- People Can't Always Handle the Truth...So I Kept Quiet
- He Asked Me If I'd Read Lolita, and Then He Kissed Me
Recent Comments by Claire Meadows
- "Hi Garry - I read your article with interest. I am the founding director of Tempest UK - a self-publishing and public relations consultancy, and would" on Another Day, Another Publishing Scam, I Mean Publishing Offer
- "thanks Dani - have read the blog post.... it's scandalous what Capital One are getting away with. thanks for sharing the link" on On Banking, And Bully-Boy Tactics
- "Thanks TJ - your kind words are greatly appreciated. Best wishes, Claire" on Why My Failure Was My Biggest Success by Claire-Louise Meadows